A substantial three-span masonry arch bridge over the Annan on the B725 road about three miles west of Ecclefechan. The outer arch spans are 46 ft and the centre arch 65 ft. The masonry work is diagonally droved with recessed arch rings. The cutwaters are pointed.
The bridge, a good example of its type, was built in 1762 by Alexander Lawrie, a stonemason from Newton Stewart, to replace a boat ferry. Its purpose was presumably to improve inland communication from the port of Annan at the onset of the Industrial Revolution. There is a similar bridge some three miles downstream at Brydekirk which was proposed in 1778 and completed in 1800.